Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thanksgiving Centerpiece

Hi, I've been inspired by this image and a blog post with a Thanksgiving centerpiece that my friend, Jenee, shared with me.  The image i used is called "Thanks Squared" and can be found here.


What i did:
I printed the image 3 times once using white cardstock, metallic brown cardstock and metallic red cardstock. I cut out the image and decided not to use the "thanks". I stamped the white cardstock turkey image using a "letter writing" stamp. Then i colored in the beak, and striped feathers.  I added a dotted colored background.  Next i paper pieced the turkey and feathers.

Using my cricut i cut out various leaves and an acorn and a lattice band.  I took out my battery operated candle and a glass plate i had purchased at a charity shop to use for a craft.  I decorated the lattice band with the turkey and leaves.  Then i flipped the plate upside down because the base was the perfect size for my candle.  I added the leaves and acorns on the plate.  No worries about the candle catching the paper on fire using the battery operated one.

Leaf and band measurements:
Green leaf- Disney Mickey & Friends cart- 3" high (gypsy)
Yellow leaf- Disney Dreams com true- 2.50" high (gypsy)
Acorns- Doodlecharms- 1.94" high (gypsy)
Red Maple leaf- Designers Calendar- 2.75" high (gypsy)
Lattice band- MS Elegant cake- 11.50" x 1.90" (gypsy)

I have made a video showing how i made this centerpiece here.

Challenges:
My Sheri Crafts- Be Thankful
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge- Use a digital image
Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge- Paper Piecing
Whimsical Designs- Happy Turkey day

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful centerpiece! I love all those leaves! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty centerpiece!!! And I love the turkey image!!! Nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute centerpiece! I just love it! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous centerpiece! I love cute turkey image and the leaves are AWESOME! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab project and thanks for joining CRAFTY CATZ this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now isn't this adorable. Thanks fo rplaying at SNSDC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty!! Thank you for playing along at the SNSDC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your centerpiece! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT! I really like how the text background stamp looks on this and the paper piecing is so clever. Love those leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely centerpiece! :o) The colors are beautiful, the leaves are gorgeous, and I absolutely love that stamp! What a pretty project. :o) Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this! How fortunate your family is to have such a fun centerpiece to enjoy over the holidays!
    Bernadet
    http://bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!