Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's All about Someone's Birthday!


I have a friend with an upcoming Birthday, but good chance this post won't go live until her birthday is past..  She loves lavender...so that was my theme!

I am also designing this card for Dutch Paper Crafts blog 2...a great place to see things in print...so you can take your time and check it out.

I am using Memory box #98293 Cornerstone Seal (3.2 x 3.2"), #98494 Falana Circle (3.9 diameter), #98250 Woodrow Rosette (again remember this die comes as a strip that you gather accordion style 1" x 5.5" and a center piece 1" diameter), Cherry Lynn B175 Deco J (2")

*Memory Box CORNERSTONE SEAL Craft DIE 98293
#98293


*Memory Box WOODROW ROSETTE Craft DIE 98250
#98250
















Pre-Order Cheery Lynn Designs - Lace Corner Deco J - Click Image to Close
B175 Deco J



*Memory Box FALANA CIRCLE Craft DIE 98494
#98494



















Here is my card:
 Can you see what i did?  I added the Cherry Lynn dies to the corners and the Falana circle behind the Cornerstone seal.  I diecut a circle to fit on top of the Cornerstone seal and added a short piece of the Woodrow Rosette gathered strip as the cupcake wrapper.  I then cut out 3 of the Woodrow Rosette's centers and turned those into my "frosting".  I used a small hand punched heart for the cherry on top.

Close up of the details:

 The strip die:











Inside of the card, i had a some of the strip left to do this:
Oh but wait, my almost 4yr old granddaughter loves to die cut too, so i helped her with this tiny card (2.5 x 2.5")(still left over from the one strip):

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of the die cuts on this, Bonnie! Love them! (I am a die cut addict, you know!) Made such a darling card! Your granddaughter is getting the perfect training! ;^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embossing is my favorite techique, but dies are close behind and I am jealous (in a good way!) of your wonderful collection!! Fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!