Monday, April 22, 2013

Altering and recycling a Chalkboard frame

I found this chalkboard frame at a charity shop for $1.  Originally the chalkboard had just the tropical scene on it..it is like a sticker scene.

The first thing i did was to crochet packing twine to make a border.  Then i die cut some shells and greenery. Added a few bud stems and die cut the "sand" for under Amelia's feet.  I made my bow and added a charm.  I have totally "altered" this chalkboard and plan to hang it up at the lake.

full view of the chalkboard:
Copics used:
skin- YR000, 00, R20, 22
hair- Y11, YR21
suit- B000, 02, R35, 39


Challenges:
The Greeting Farm- FFF- Alter/Recycle
Frilly and Funkie- Upcycle
Hanna and Friends- Anything but a Card

7 comments:

  1. Totally AWESOME!!!! This is going to be perfect for the lake house too! SO pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did totally alter it--in such a fabulous way, Bonnie! This is just too adorable--I love it! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your enhancements to that chalk board are absolutely adorable and add so much interest. What a cool upcycled project. I especially love the crocheted edge and the "sand". Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a gorgeous project and I love the scene you've created. Thank you for joining our challenge over at The Greeting Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea! Love the little sweetie in her swim suit and the wonderful beach scene! Love the feeling of sand between my toes! hehehe Great combo of shells to! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous chalk board, I love the scene you've created. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute project! And so useful as well! Thanks for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!