Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Besties on Youtube featuring Halloween Boo!

I have accepted a new DT position for My Besties on YouTube!  I will be making monthly videos for this team.  I am pretty excited because it is pushing me to get a better set up.  At the bottom of this post, i have to share the new set up i have and it only cost me $15 to make a free armed "tripod".

Here is my YouTube channel and if could please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/user/grandmabonnie3

Let me show you my first project/card i've made for the Sherri Baldy's MyBesties YouTube team:

This is an oversized card and it can be used for a decoration as well.

My video debut as a Sherri Baldy's My Besties You Tube Designer:


My Besties image is called Halloween Boo and found here.

Dies used on this card:
Tree, spiders, cauldron, bubbles in cauldron, Halloween border from Memory Box.  Circle dies are from Lifestyle crafts.

Copics used:
skin-Y21, 23, YR24, E02
lips- RV29
hair- E50, 51, 53, 55
hat/bottom of dress- W1, 3, 5, 7
green layer/bow- YG01, 03, 17
pumpkin/hat band- YR61, 65, 68
roses-R20, 22, 24
tie dye purple top- V01, 04, 06, 09
ghosts- W1, 3, BB, E02, 000

Here is my YouTube video:

Previously on Youtube, i used a Flip camera and edited my taping using the program that came with it.  Well, like all electronics.. it was no longer used because of cell phones and the ability to make great videos..so the Mac system no long supported my editing program...so i quite making videos.

Usually my videos are instructional..i made my first video for my friend because she was struggling with using a cricut cartridge..(quite some time ago) and so i quickly taped how to put the layers together..and popped it on YouTube not having any idea that anyone but my friend would see it.. i wasn't into YouTube at the time...other than to watch a few videos.  All of the sudden i had a bunch of people following me and i felt responsible and started making a few videos and my audience increased.  As i said i stopped when i couldn't create the videos with my flip camera.

Lately, i've been making videos, but because i had to hold my camera with one hand and make crafts..it limited me to what i could do while filming..and my filming was a bit shaky at times.

So now i have this neat set up, thanks to Goodwill and to my husband. 
What we found was a lamp at Goodwill for $4.99 it has a weighted base so i can position it anywhere.  It also has a weighted arm, so i can have some flexibility moving my camera up and down.  We also purchase a car mount at Marshalls (men's dept...where the gadgets are).  My husband took the end of the phone mount off and the shade off of the lamp and cut the cord and took the wiring off.  The car phone mount is adjustable and can rotate. The car mount was $10.
The before picture:
and the after picture!
Thanks for looking, and please subscribe to my YouTube Channel..i promise you will love the next video i make!!

Challenges:


1 comment:

  1. This camera set up is incredible! How very fun that you were able to repurpose the lamp.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!