Thursday, December 4, 2014

Sherri Baldy's My Besties 3D Ballerina Christmas Decoration

For the next two weeks at My Besties 3-D Deco Challenge blog we have another great challenge for you!

The theme is, Christmas Decorations

To participate in our My Besties 3D challenges go here:

For this project i am using a My Besties 3D sheet called Garden Nellie found at Sherri Baldy's Scrapbook Stamp Society here

Side view showing the 3D layers:
This ornament is double sided.  I printed the image off two ways. One way was how i received it and then the other way i flipped it horizontally.  I did the 3D and sandwiched the two together.  I added an acrylic strip between the two completed images, it accomplishes two things..support for her tiny neck when cut out and i also extend the acrylic to go beyond her head so that i can tie the ribbon on for a hanger.  I covered up the acrylic with a bow on both sides (front and reversed side (back)).  To make the skirt i cut two lengths of tulle to make two skirts, placing the two sections together i then hand sewed a gathering stitch.  I placed the skirt between the two layers like the acrylic.  Made a bow for both sides at the waist and attached them.  I then embellished the 3D image with Stickles..and that's it..a sweet little ornament.

These sheets are fun and easy to use!  They are all pre-colored for you, all you do is print out your sheets, cut out the pieces you wish to use and layer them with foam tape, foam dots/squares or Silicone glue. 

A Youtube video on how i made this My Besties "Paper Doll"


You should also check out my 3-D Deco team mates awesome designs..the links are below:

Julie Team Leader
Andy
Andrea
Angela
Annette
Deirdre
Luana
Miranda
Tonnie
Bonnie (me)

Challenges:
Craft My Life- All Craft Challenge

3 comments:

  1. She is so pretty and girly in her pink tutu.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work Bonnie ~ I love it.
    Your video is fabulous too. You are so talented.
    Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie! I've been horrible with all blog visiting these last couple of months, but I sure picked a great day to stop by here! This is gorgeous!!!!
    I miss your creations at TMS! :(
    I won't be such a stranger, I promise!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!